Thursday, July 18, 2019

my July 2019 monthly post

vegetable garden, hot summer, blue-n-green summer scarf, lake and beach, prairie flowers, and more. Happy Summer!

Check out my daily blog for the month of July 2019 (Siloi 2019). Each day shows some various activities that I do in science, art, nature, culture, land stewardship,
culture, education, ecology, economy, health, and in learning about holistic good, morals, and beyond. I post a photo every day. Enjoy!



See more photos:
My Daily Blog for 2019 July / Siloi: Daily Blog   

        This month of July 2019, I've been growing a vegetable garden.  We cover the ground with newspaper (4-pages thick) to help keep the weeds from growing.  See photos in my blog.  The cucumbers, zucchini, and potatoes are growing well.  After Michigan's cold, wet, rainy spring (April to June), Michigan has had a hot, humid, sunny, dry (no rain) summer since June 24 until now, July 18, so far.  Lately, the weather has been 80 degrees F (26 degrees C).  Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 95 F (35 C).  It's summer, so I put away my pink-n-yellow spring scarf, and I started wearing my blue-n-green summer scarf, which I crocheted during travels, earlier this year.  It's hot outdoors, but the indoors of some places are frigid with air conditioning.  The lake and beach are great. The hot weather has warmed Lake Michigan's water up to 75 F (23 C), which is great for swimming and staying warm at the beach.   For ecological restoration, I've been working at Michigan prairies and woods, and Indiana wetlands. See photos in my blog.  Happy summer prairie flowers!  Many native prairie flowers are now blooming, including the Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea), Yellow Coneflower (Ratibida pinnata), PInk Bee Balm (Monarda fistulosa), Blue Vervain (Verbena hastata), Orange Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa), and more.  Enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment