Friday, January 28, 2022

January 2022 - winter

   winter! snow, seeds and tracks in the snow, woods, prairie, dunes, beach, lake, and more

Check out my daily blog for the month of January 2022 (Wookooch 2022). My blog shows various activities that I do in science, art, nature, culture, land stewardship,
culture, education, ecology, economy, health, and in learning about holistic good, morals, and beyond. I post several photos. Enjoy!
 
See more photos:
 
         Seeds and Tracks in the Snow.  Just think about all the animals and plant seeds that move across the landscape.  See my photos of tracks across the snow, in my daily blog.
 
         Snowy Winter Views of the Woods, Prairie, Dunes, Beach, and Lake.   The USA has 50 beautiful states.  Each state has amazing natural habitats.  Michigan's amazing habitats includes its woods, prairies, dunes, beach, and Lake Michigan.   These landscapes change daily, throughout the winter, due to the variable weather.  See my photo series of the dunes, beach, lake, and more, in my daily blog.   
 

         Happy Winter: January, February, March!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading and closely looking at the photos you took on January 22. Tracks are so cool and you did a great job telling the story they show. The change in time comparison was very educational and made me wish we have snow to show this. It is coming this week and I am excited. I also loved the pop of color from the black-eyed Susans that accompany the seeds your found. It is great to be thinking about warmer summer weather and its blast of color. Great reference between the seeds found and the flowers they produce.

    It would be nice to know why the Tree of Heaven is invasive and perhaps how it got its name. A link to that information would be good.



    One question - in your section where you mention about your seasonal wall in your house - great idea! - you note that you leave winter up for three months, but start putting spring up about January 20th?! This confused me a bit. Do you mix spring and winter or really did you mean March or February 20th?

    The little snowmen you picture are so cute. Did you make them? If so, can you share the directions or where you found them. I love snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for enjoying the "A Winter Outdoor Photo" photo series of tracks and seeds, in the snow.
    Correct, "January 20" is a typo. "March 20" is correct.
    Thanks for applauding the season wall and the crochet snowmen. My daughter found a crochet ball pattern and hat pattern sometime ago. She and I each crocheted a snowman together. We no longer know where the patterns are from.

    ReplyDelete